29 Jun WAYWARD BUS – SYDNEY TO MELBOURNE INLAND & QUIRKY
Take a ‘Wayward Bus’ road-trip deep into country regions of NSW and Victoria, travelling from Sydney to Melbourne over 6 days.
Browse some of Australia’s top regional museums with themes including aviation, rail, road and river.
The trip is the 2nd leg of a ‘slow-tours’ series, proposed to develop into a 30-day circuit monthly: Noosa – Sydney – Melbourne – Adelaide – Noosa.
🚌 NEXT DATES: 2023, dates to be advised
COST: $480 per person
Accommodation costs can vary according to seasons and other reasons and because we offer choice, we don’t hold allocations. We will hold places on the tour while accommodations are confirmed. Accommodations can be booked through Arcadia Travel. Travellers can also book direct.
- YHA/pub accommodation – with a choice of single/double/twin private rooms (approx $90 per room night) – or beds in share rooms (approx $30-40 p.p. per night).
- Motel or boutique accommodation we can arrange for you, prices may vary according to seasonality and demand. Generally, if it is on Expedia, we can book it.
- Any activities and entry fees.
- Meals are not included – bakeries, cafes, supermarkets, pubs and restaurants are plentiful along the way and the YHAs have guest kitchens and dining/lounge areas.
- HARS Historical Aircraft Restoration Society at Wollongong Airport
- Canberra’s New and Old Parliament Houses, Aboriginal Embassy, High Court, Portrait Gallery, National Gallery and War Memorial
- Junee’s Railway Roundhouse, Licorice and Chocolate Factory, and Broadway Museum
- Temora’s Aviation Museum, Bundawarra Centre includes NSW Ambulance Museum
- Hay’s Shear Outback, Old Gaol, Bishops Lodge
- Echuca’s Old Port and paddle steamers
- Bendigo galleries, museums and cathedral
- Castlemaine Gold Diggings, Hanging Rock, Mount Macedon, Organ Pipes
- We provide travel in a touring mini-coach with driver-guide.
- From 4 to 20 participants.
- Visits to attractions and museums are optional, some are free, others are modest entry fees.
- If on any day weather conditions are adverse we may substitute other touring and activities.
Coach and Driver-Guide
- Our ‘Bandicoot’ mini-coaches are Mitsubishi Rosas refitted with reclining coach seats and extra legroom for extended touring.
- An enclosed trailer securely carries the luggage.
- Our drivers are experienced tour driver-guides and adventure leaders.
Overnights x 5:
- 1 night Canberra City – YHA Akuna St or neighboring 4* hotels (Sebel Civic, Nesuto Apartments)
- 1 night Gundagai – pub (Criterion Hotel), motel (several) or heritage lodge (Flash Jack’s, flashjacks.com.au)
- 1 night Leeton – pub (Leeton Hotel, Wade Hotel), motel (several) or heritage lodge (The Hydro, thehydro.com.au)
- 1 night Deniliquin – pub (Globe Hotel, Exchange Hotel), cabins or motel (several)
- 1 night Maldon or nearby – pub (Maldon Hotel, maldonhotel.com.au) or motel (maldoneaglehawk.com)
Joining in Sydney
One pick-up point:
- Sydney Central at 0800 (Pitt Street between Rawson Place and Barlow St) across from Sydney Central YHA and Rail Station).
Main drop off point:
- Courtney Street beside Bedford Street Reserve, close to the junction of Queensberry and Peel Streets. This is one block north of Victoria Markets and convenient to Melbourne Metro YHA, City Edge Apartments North Melbourne and trams.
Bookings by email or phone to Arcadia Travel: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To give time to arrange accommodations, bookings can be held for up to 7 days except that in the 14 days prior to departure a shorter amount of time will be apply
- Deposit of $100 is required when confirming a booking (non-refundable)
- Full payment due 14 days before start (then 50% refundable if customer cancels)
- Advise your accommodation preference at time of booking and we will arrange or assist with contacts
- If a trip is cancelled due to reasons beyond our control (such as Covid19 border closures), any payments made will be refunded in full.
Bandicoot provides the hi-spec’d mini-coaches for Wayward Bus road trips
Any questions please fill the form below.