15 Jan Outback Queensland Rail-Road-Ride
AN EPIC ROAD BIKE RIDE IN 4 STAGES BETWEEN OUTBACK RAIL-HEADS!
OUTBIKE’s next epic will be a road ride in four stages on Queensland’s growing outback network of sealed roads.
Each stage begins or ends at outback rail-heads and with the event we want to demonstrate the potential for outback road-cycling to match with NSW and QR’s long-distance outback trains.
- Overnight camps will be in towns, beside remote pubs and at rest areas.
- Distances will vary from 64 to 230 km. Longest days are 209 and 230 km.
- Stages 1 and 3 are tougher averaging 150 and 170 km per riding day.
- Stages 2 and 4 are milder averaging 110 and km per riding day.
- There are a good number of rest days at key points.
- Come for one, two or three stages or come for all!
STAGES & COSTS
‘Dig Tree Dash’ 1600 km 6-18 May $2450: Moree – Boomi – Nindigully Pub – Bollon – Cunnamulla – Eulo – Thargomindah – Noccundra Pub – Coopers Creek / Dig Tree – Eromangah – Quilpie – Charleville
‘Qantas Roots’ 535 km 20-24 May $1150: Charleville – Augathella – Tambo – Blackall – Isisford – Longreach
‘Min Min Lights’ 840 km 28-5 Jun $1300: Longreach – Winton – Boulia – Dajarra – Mt Isa
‘Gulf Country’ 870 km 8-19 Jun $1800: Mt Isa – Cloncurry – Burke & Wills Roadhouse / drive to Lawn Hill Gorge for 2 nights – Normanton – Karumba – Croydon – Georgetown/Forsayth
Ways to save
Save by combining two or more stages:
- 2 stages take $200 off
- 3 stages take $500 off
- all four stages $5700
Oh yes, companions can join the event and travel on our bus at a half rate and assist on light duties – a great value holiday with the chance to ride lots of trains too!
rest day/nights before and after ride stages
all nights camping and breakfasts
morning tea and self-pack lunches for ride days
- Evening meals can be had at pubs, cafes, roadhouses etc (on remote nights we will collect $20 per person for our catering)
- Upgrades to cabin or pub accommodation is fine with us (if organised by you, either ahead or on the event)
- Train options – say if you catch the Gulflander instead of riding your bike 150 km!
- Local sightseeing with other operators
- Our bus+bike transfers: SE Qld to Moree $150 and/or Forsayth to Cairns $150
We can also book air, rail and accommodation to and from the ride.
OUTBIKE (est. 2004) and Arcadia Travel are co-owned.
A full programme is available on request.
Expressions of interest are open.