15 Jan EUROPE’S XMAS MARKETS 2021 (Postponed)
SMALL GROUP ESCORTED BY GABRIELLA ERB
21 November to 5 December 2021 (14 nights)
Discover the famed Xmas markets of Rhineland and beyond by rail – and explore the wonderful towns and cities that host them, many of them on the Mosel, Rhine and Neckar Rivers.
We stay for 12 of the nights at our pretty apartment house riverfront in the lively vintner town of Zell on the Mosel.
Featured towns and cities include Trier, Luxemburg, Cochem, Bernkastel-Kues, Mainz, Koblenz, Frankfurt and Marburg. Altogether 12 towns and cities with Xmas markets!
For rest and recuperation, we have 4 days when we take it easy, staying in Zell. On these days you can do as you please, walking, cycling, travelling about on public transport, enjoying spas…
Some excursion days and rest days may be swapped about subject to weather conditions and group consensus.
*** On excursion days, be prepared to stay out late! – Xmas markets are liveliest in the evenings – and we will be often having dinner away and coming back to Zell on late night trains. ***
We’ll have time to take in shops, museums – and other attractions. There will be possibilities to take in performances/concerts/shows in the nearby cities of Luxembourg, Trier and Koblenz.
This small group escorted tour stays at our Zell-Mosel apartments for 12 nights and travels away for 2 days (4 – 6 Dec).
Maximum 9 travellers, minimum 4
$2500 AUD twin-share or double (plus $900 AUD single supplement)
- Escorted by Gariella Erb, a resident of Australia’s Sunshine Coast, yoga teacher and former ski instructor who speaks fluent German, French and English.
- Self-contained studio or one-bedroom apartments for 17 nights (‘My Europe Base’, Zell plus neighbouring apartments if needed)
- Hotels for 2 nights in Frankfurt
- All travel as per the schedule by rail, bus, one hour Rhine cruise and minibus/taxis
- Use of bicycles in and around Zell (with helmets, locks, lights etc)
- Travel to Zell