XMAS MARKETS BY LOCAL TRAINS
Around Rhineland and Beyond
SMALL GROUP ESCORTED TOUR WITH GABRIELLA ERB
14 nights / 1-15 December 2019
Discover the famed Xmas markets of Rhineland and beyond by rail and local bus – and explore the wonderful towns and cities that host them, many of them on the Mosel, Rhine, Main and Lahn Rivers.
- We stay for 12 of the nights at our pretty apartment house riverfront in the lively vintner town of Zell on the Mosel travels away for the final Friday and Saturday night in Frankfurt.
- Altogether we visit 11 towns and cities with Xmas markets: Luxembourg, Trier, Bernkastel-Kues, Traben-Trabach, Cochem, Koblenz, Rudesheim, Mainz, Frankfurt, Geissen and Marburg.
- For rest and recuperation, we have 4 local days when we take it easy, staying in Zell-Mosel.
- On these days you can do as you please, walking, cycling, travelling about on public transport, relaxing in the local spas with warm thermal pools and saunas.
- On excursion days, be prepared to stay out late! – Xmas markets are liveliest in the evenings – and we will be often having dinner away and coming back to Zell on late night trains.
- Some excursion days and rest days may swap about subject to weather and group consensus.
- We’ll have time to take in shops, museums – and other attractions.
- There will be possibilities to take in performances/concerts/shows in the nearby cities of Luxembourg, Trier and Koblenz.
Maximum 9 travellers, minimum 4.
$2200 AUD twin-share or double (plus $700 AUD single supplement)
- Escorted by Gariella Erb, a resident of Australia’s Sunshine Coast, yoga teacher and former ski instructor who speaks fluent German, French and English.
- Self-contained studio or one-bedroom apartments for 12 nights (‘My Europe Base’ Zell plus neighbouring apartments if needed).
- Hotel for 2 nights in Frankfurt.
- All travel from Dec 2 to Dec 14 as per the schedule by rail, bus, one hour Rhine Gorge cruise and minibus/taxis.
- Use of bicycles in and around Zell (with helmets, locks, lights etc)
- Travel to Zell at start
- Optional activities
Airfares can be purchased independently or through Arcadia Travel – departing Australia in November is low season.