13 May BVRT 8 DAY TREK – 28 JUNE 2020
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail 8 DAY TREK
28 JUNE TO 5 JULY 2020
HIKER SUPPORT 161 KMS / 161 DOLLARS!
Are you ready to GET OUT and WALK 100 MILES maintaining social-distance along the full length of the BRISBANE VALLEY RAIL TRAIL, Ipswich to Yarraman, IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER?
Australia’s longest rail trail is 161km, off-road, through scenic countryside with quaint rural villages and towns along the way, all ready to help keep hikers watered and fed.
We can’t trek the Camino pilgrim trail to Santiago de Compostela this year – but how about training for it?
NOTE THIS IS SELF-GUIDED. IT IS NOT A GUIDED ACTIVITY.
This is an opportunity to walk the BVRT self-guided and our advice is participants should be confident they can walk independently up to 25km per day on gravel surfaces with mild gradients (it was the railway line of course).
Our boots are not on the ground – they’re staying around the support bus.
Cost $161 – based on $1 per km!
Plus accom/camping, meals and transfer out of Yarraman.
For $161 our Wayward Bus will:
* transfer your gear between campgrounds or accoms (backpacks and soft bags ok, limit 15kgs, NO HARD CASES)
* set up crewed refreshment stops at one or two road access points each day with water, coffee and tea, healthy light snacks included
* provide maps for every day
* run bus shuttles on some days where needed between the trail and our overnight camp/accoms
* take you on our bus (from a road access point) if you don’t want to walk further
* shuttle walkers (from a road access point) to next shelter in very bad weather
* return 1/11th to the ATO (and we thank ATO for the support lately).
Admittedly there are further costs:
- Pub or motel options at varying rates – advise your preferences and we can help organise, including matching up people prepared to share rooms
- Camping – 7 nights @$25 p.p. per night includes camp fees (at campgrounds and showgrounds with bathrooms), use of tents and mats, campsite breakfast and plunger coffee (byo sleeping bags for likely cold nights, can be 0C)
- Transfers 5 July afternoon from Yarraman out to Caboolture, Nambour or Noosa @$39 p.p.
- Meals – there are stores, bakeries, cafes and pubs for lunches and dinners
Participants with special dietary requirements can think about self-catering. We will have several large eskies and cooking gear we can lend out. Campsites have kitchens. Supermarkets at Fernvale, Lowood, Esk, Toogoolawah and Blackbutt.
Stages: Wulkuraka to Fernvale 23km / Coominya 20km / Esk 24km / Toogoolawah 18km / Harlin 14km / Linville 20km / Blackbutt 23km / Yarraman 19km
Start 0900 to 1000 from Wulkuraka Station, 2 stops after Ipswich (change trains). Trains arrive Wulkuraka at 0910 or 0940.
Camps: Lowood Showgrounds 2 nights / Esk Campground / Toogoolawah Showgrounds 2 nights / Blackbutt Showgrounds 2 nights.
For social-distancing, we may limit transfers to fewer passengers when transferring on our 21 seat coach.
Maximum participants 42. Minimum to run 10.
To express interest please message or email email@example.com