12 May BUNDABERG TO IPSWICH BIKE RIDE 11 DAYS
VIA BURNETT REGION & BRISBANE VALLEY RAIL TRAIL
2 STAGES / ONE VEHICLE SUPPORT
DUE TO THE COVID RESTRICTIONS THE RIDE IS POSTPONED TO A TIME ‘TO BE ADVISED’.
Ride Bundaberg to Murgon and on to Ipswich on this 620km sealed back roads and rail trails ride. Follows proposed Bundaberg to Mt Perry Rail Trail, Boolboondah Tunnel Rail Trail, Gayndah Heritage Railway Rail Trail, proposed Proston Rail Trail, Murgon to Kingaroy on the South Burnett Rail Trail – and entire Brisbane Valley Rail Trail.
Well over 200km is on established rail trails.
Sunshine Coast, Gympie, Maryborough and Hervey Bay residents, this is all within 250km radius.
Brisbane residents are OK to join Stage 2.
Bundy residents are OK to join Stage 1.
Stage 1 Bundaberg to Murgon 370km in 6 days / $420
Stage 2 Murgon to Ipswich 250km in 5 days / $350
This is our first event on the route so we are making this very affordable.
Town stops and daily distances between:
Bundaberg <53km> Gin Gin <54km> Mt Perry <73km> Gayndah <75km> Mundubbera <82km> Boondoomah <78km> Murgon <77km> Nanango <70km> Blackbutt <40km> Toogoolawah <55km> Lowood <35km> Wulkuraka (Ipswich).
1. We carry your kit with our 21 seater touring coach and trailer (our Bandicoot buses have extra spacing, reclining coach seats and wide-opening windows – see bandicootbus.com).
2. Printed and digital maps provided.
3. Set up one or two support points per day with water and snacks.
4. Pick you up if you need.
5. GST so we can start giving back to Canberra (thanks guys for the support so far)
Camping with brewed coffee and breakfast:
– Add $30 per person per night.
– Pop-up tents, self-inflating mats and sleeping bags included (or can BYO).
Cabins, pubs and motels are an option at extra cost. Our office will arrange these according to requests.
Meals at your cost from local eateries – lots of bakeries and pubs! We’ll help arrange lunch supplies some days.
To join catching our bus on Friday 12 June:
– Sunshine Coast home pick ups 0700-0900
– Arcadia Travel at Noosa Junction 0900
– Arrive Bundaberg 1300 and start ride
Depart ride from Murgon (or join) on Wed 17 June:
– Murgon to Nambour Station arrive by 1630
– Nambour Station depart for Murgon 1700
Times connect with Brisbane suburban trains.
Rider+bike+kit $100 either way
Depart ride from Ipswich (Wulkuraka) on Mon 22 June:
– Wulkaraka Station train departs 1221 for Ipswich/Brisbane
– our bus transfers to Sunshine Coast with some home drop offs enroute to Arcadia Travel Noosa Junction
Maximum 20 riders.
Maximum 12 riders+bikes on the transfer stages.
Non-riding partners can travel too and assist a bit – we’ll do them a good deal.
Limited bikes for hire.
Outbike images provided
To express interest or inquire please contact Ralph on 0406440418, email email@example.com or fill the form below.