30 Jun WAYWARD BUS – NOOSA TO SYDNEY VIA COAST
A ROAD TRIP WITH COAST WALK OPTIONS
🚌 NEXT DEPARTURES: 1st Feb 2022, further dates to be advised
Take a ‘Wayward Bus’ road-trip along NSW’s spectacular North Coast travelling leisurely between Noosa and Sydney over 6 days & 5 nights. If you’re a keen coast walker, we can do drop offs and pick ups to give the chance to trek up to 90 kms of coastline.
Byron Bay and Coffs Harbour are featured stops – both are 2 night stays. Along the way, there’s time in Pokolbin (Hunter Valley), historic villages, river towns, galleries and bookstores, and a mix of back roads and highway.
The tour will run southbound Noosa to Sydney.
As well as Noosa, travellers can start in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Brunswick Heads or Byron Bay. At the southern end, travellers can choose to finish a day earlier in Newcastle.
The trip is part of a ‘slow-tours’ series, proposed to run in a 30-day circuit every month: Noosa – Sydney – Adelaide – Broken Hill – Noosa.
We’ve postponed the trial of the Noosa to Sydney tour to Feb 2022, planning to step up to a regular service (post-Covid).
WAYWARD BUS & COVID 19:
- Wayward Bus operates according to the Qld Health Covid 19 Checklist for Transport Operators;
- All tour payments will be refunded if a tour can not run due to Covid19 related circumstances;
- All tour payments will be refunded if a traveller can not practically join due to Covid19 related circumstances;
- Travellers booking accommodations should do so choosing late notice cancellation.
COST: $480 per person (savings for start/end Byron Bay and/or Newcastle, see bottom of page)
Accommodation costs can vary according to seasons and other reasons and because we offer choice, we don’t hold allocations. We will hold places on the tour while accommodations are confirmed. Some may be bookable through Arcadia Travel. Travellers can also book direct.
- YHA accommodation (Byron Bay, Newcastle) – with a choice of single/double/twin private rooms (approx $90-100 per room night) – or beds in share rooms (approx $25-32 p.p. per night).
- Guest house, BnB, apartment, pub and motel accommodation – may be arranged nearby to the YHAs, prices vary according to seasonality and demand. Fancier 4-star options expect to pay about $200 average per room per night. Cheaper 3-star options about $100-150 per room per night. Contact us for more details.
- Any activities and entry fees.
- Meals are not included – bakeries, cafes, supermarkets, pubs and restaurants are plentiful along the way and the YHAs have guest kitchens and dining/lounge areas.
The Wayward schedule enables drop offs and pick ups for travellers to do these walks:
- Brunswick Heads to Byron Bay (15km)
- Cape Byron (6-10km return on free day)
- Solitary Islands Coast Walk (Red Rock to Sawtell up to 60km over 3 days)
- Newcastle’s Bathers Way (6km)
- We provide travel in a touring mini-coach with driver-guide.
- From 4 to 20 participants.
- The walks are completely your choice, self-guided and a waiver is to be signed. There is no accompanying crew person.
- If on any day weather or beach conditions are adverse on the coast, we may alter our touring and activities.
Coach and Driver-Guide:
- Our ‘Bandicoot’ mini-coach is a Mitsubishi Rosa refitted with reclining coach seats and extra legroom for extended touring.
- An enclosed trailer securely carries the luggage.
- Our driver is an experienced tour driver-guide.
Overnights x 5:
- 2 nights Byron Bay
- 2 nights Coffs Harbour
- 1 night Newcastle City Beach
Book your pick-up from either:
- Noosa Heads at 0700 (bus station)
- Brisbane City YHA at 0900
- Robina Station (east side) 1015
- Burleigh Heads Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre 1045
- Coolangatta YHA at 1100
- Tweed Heads Minjangbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre 1115.
Traffic may delay these times.
Drop off point is nearby Sydney Central YHA, convenient to Central Station trains, buses and light rail.
Bookings by email or phone to Arcadia Travel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking arrangements for departures up to 30 Dec 2021:
- To give time to arrange accommodations, bookings can be held for up to 7 days except that in the 14 days prior to departure a shorter amount of time will be apply
- Deposit of $100 is required when confirming a booking (non-refundable)
- Full payment due 14 days before start (then 50% refundable if customer cancels)
- Advise your accommodation preference at time of booking and we will arrange or assist with contacts
- If a trip is cancelled due to reasons beyond our control (such as Covid19 border closures), any payments made will be refunded in full.
Shorter trips are possible to book:
- Noosa/Brisbane/GC – Newcastle 5 days $420
- Byron Bay – Sydney 4 days $420
- Byron Bay – Newcastle 3 days $360
Bandicoot provides the hi-spec’d mini-coaches for Wayward Bus road trips
Any questions please fill the the form below