27 Jun WAYWARD BUS – ADELAIDE TO BRISBANE/NOOSA ‘NSW OUTBACK’
Take a ‘Wayward Bus’ road-trip across Outback NSW from Adelaide to the East Coast over 9 days with choices of accommodation or camping.
Start in Adelaide or Broken Hill.
Finish in Brisbane or Noosa – or earlier in Moree, Glen Innes, Casino, Byron Bay or Gold Coast (Moree and Casino have daily train connections to Sydney).
The trip is the 4th leg of a ‘slow-tours’ series, proposed to run in a 30-day circuit monthly: Noosa – Sydney – Adelaide – Noosa.
We’re going to run the 6 day Noosa to Sydney leg as trial in July 2021 (confirmed), then take a break before a further trial in Oct 2021, when we intend to run all 4 legs right around the circuit. A regular service is planned to run from Feb 2022.
🚌 NEXT DATES: 22nd-30th Oct 2021.
More tours from Feb 2022.
COST: $800 per person
If starting Day 4 from Broken Hill subtract $200
If finishing on Day 7 in Moree subtract $150 / Day 8 in Glen Innes or Tenterfield subtract $75
- Camping – $25 per person per night includes use of our tents and mats, and light breakfast.
- Pub/cabin accommodation – with a choice of single/double/twin private rooms (approx $90 per room night).
- Motel and boutique accommodation can be arranged through Arcadia Travel, prices may vary according to seasonality and demand.
- Any activities and entry fees.
- Meals are not included – bakeries, cafes, supermarkets, pubs and restaurants are plentiful along the way.
Sights and visits:
- Barossa and Clare Wine Valleys, Mintaro Village, Melrose & Southern Flinders Ranges
- Steamtown Peterborough, Terowie ghost town
- Broken Hill galleries, museums, Silverton and White Cliffs opals
- Wilcannia and Darling River
- Cobar, Bourke, Brewarrina and tour of ancient fish traps
- Walgett, Lightning Ridge opals and lots to see/do
- Moree and artesian baths
- Warialda, Inverell, Transport Museum, Glen Innes and Tenterfield
- Northern Rivers: Casino, Lismore and Byron Bay
- We provide travel in a touring mini-coach with driver-guide.
- From 4 to 21 participants.
- Visits to attractions and museums are optional, some are free, others are modest entry fees.
- If on any day weather conditions are adverse we may substitute other touring and activities.
Coach and Driver-Guide:
- Our ‘Bandicoot’ mini-coach is a Mitsubishi Rosa refitted with reclining coach seats and extra legroom for extended touring.
- An enclosed trailer securely carries the luggage.
- Our drivers are experienced tour driver-guides and adventure leaders.
Overnights x 8:
- 1 night Melrose – camp, Mt Remarkable Hotel/Motel, North Star Hotel or Wozza’s BnB
- 2 nights Broken Hill – iconic Palace Hotel offers from budget to flash, for 4-star we suggest art-deco Royal Exchange Hotel. A few blocks off the main street is the Lodge Outback Motel.
- 1 night White Cliffs – camp, White Cliffs Hotel/Motel or White Cliffs Underground Motel
- 1 night Bourke – camp, Port of Bourke Hotel, Bourke Riverside Motel or Darling River Motel are in or near the town centre.
- 1 night Lightning Ridge – Lightning Ridge Outback Resort covers all options including camping
- 1 night Moree – the Angels’ Rest Motel and Baths Motel are very reasonable (pub room prices) and near the main pools, also the Imperial Hotel for pub rooms in town centre. Despite the attraction of the thermal pools, there is nowhere expensive to stay in town!
- 1 night Tenterfield – camp, motel choices in and near the town centre are Jumbuck, Settlers, Best Western, Peter Allen, Tenterfield Tavern and Royal Hotel-Motel, for budget/heritage Stannum House, for a pub turned very flash the Commercial Boutique.
Adelaide pick-up point:
- 0800 Franklin Street beside Central Bus Station, close to Adelaide City YHA, taxis and 5 minutes walk from Victoria Square.
Broken Hill pick ups by arrangement:
- From accoms 0700-0800 on 26th of the month
Drop off points in Moree, Glen Innes, Tenterfield, Casino, Lismore:
- Post Office or other point by arrangement
Drop off points in Byron Bay, Coolangatta, Brisbane or Noosa Heads:
- At YHAs or other points by arrangement
Bookings by email or phone to Arcadia Travel: email@example.com
Booking arrangements for departures up to 31 Dec 2021:
- To give time to arrange accommodations, bookings can be held for up to 7 days except that in the 14 days prior to departure a shorter amount of time will be apply
- Deposit of $100 is required when confirming a booking (non-refundable)
- Full payment due 14 days before start (then 50% refundable if customer cancels)
- Advise your accommodation preference at time of booking and we will arrange or assist with contacts
- If a trip is cancelled due to reasons beyond our control (such as Covid19 border closures), any payments made will be refunded in full.
Any questions please fill the form below.